This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the SID project.
Re: [patch][rfc] Remove 'throw()' Specifiers from Virtual Destructors in the SID API
- From: Dave Brolley <brolley at redhat dot com>
- To: Dave Brolley <brolley at redhat dot com>
- Cc: sid at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:01:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch][rfc] Remove 'throw()' Specifiers from Virtual Destructors in the SID API
- References: <45AD3167.firstname.lastname@example.org>
This patch has now been committed.
Dave Brolley wrote:
There is a SID port to the Toshiba Media Processor (MeP), which I will
be submitting very soon. Toshiba has their own simulator for this
target and it has an API which allows programmers to add their own
devices to the simulation. Toshiba required that the SID port for this
target also implement this API and support existing code written
Now, specifying throw() on a destructor is a minor optimization
opportunity at best, so it is preprosed that these specifiers be
removed from the SID API in order to allow extension of the SID API to
match that of other existing APIs, like Toshiba's.