From: Frank Ch. Eigler [mailto:fche@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 1:09 AM
To: Ashutosh Vyas
Cc: SID public developers
Subject: Re: building error in SID with eCos , using cygwin

Hi -

> I had tried to build the tree with option "--disable-shared". But it is
> still sending  the same error message. Nothing has proceeded more with
this.

Ah, interesting.  It looks like include/sidso.h should honour static-only
compilation for cygwin and disable those DLLEXPORT/DLLIMPORT macros.
Would you try changing the associated lines of sidso.h to

// #ifdef __CYGWIN__
// #define DLLEXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
// #define DLLIMPORT __declspec(dllimport)
// #else
#define DLLEXPORT
#define DLLIMPORT
// #endif

and try again (still with --disable-shared)?
All this is just to get you working until we have time to understand the
original dll-related error message.

- FChE

 TATA ELXSI DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressed, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.

Tata Elxsi Ltd, Bangalore, India