Re: Error when executin sid

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> Hi -
>
> > I have compiled and installed sid (./configure; make;
> > make install) but i cant run it.
> > [...]
> > load librtc.la rtc_component_library
> > [...]
> > $ sid test.sid
> > test.sid:1: dlsym of rtc_component_library in
> > component library dso librtc.la failed: sid: undefined
> > symbol: rtc_component_library
> > [...]
>
> This sort of thing happens most frequently if the runtime
> installation paths don't match the compile-time prefix.
> Consider running sid under a tracing tool like strace
> (if your platform has it).  If nothing else helps, you
> can recompile sid with static linking (configure with
> --disable-shared).

It's probably a case of not having a path to the libraries. Add the path
to rtc_component_library to the file /etc/ld.so.conf and then run (as
root)  /bin/ldconfig . You probably can google around and find an example.
But here's something I wrote to another mailing list that addresses this
issue:

http://www.linuxhacker.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi/1/2503

Scott