Re: PATCH: replace cpu_trace_stream subclass with rdbuf swap

"Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com> writes:
> > It builds, but I haven't tested it.  The original patch was developed
> > on an internal Red Hat branch and tested against an internal Red Hat
> > cpu.
>
> Does this version of the code run on that internal port?

Yes --- it works with no redirection, with redirection to a file, with
redirection to one file and then another file (the first file gets
just the "start of trace" line, but is then empty), and redirection to
a file and then back to cout.

> > The full SID takes an awful long time to build, and I'm not sure what
> > toolchain and BSP to match it against.  Do folks here have any advice
> > on how to pare down the SID build and which architecture to target to
> > test this with as little fuss as possible?
>
> The usual tricks are to configure sid with a single simple --target (say
> m32r-elf), with --disable-shared to omit shared library building, and
> build with CXXFLAGS excluding -O2 for a quicker compilation run.

Thanks --- I'll give that a try.