Re: SID Faq-O-Matic

Hi -

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 06:29:57PM -0400, Warhurst Brandon wrote:
> Okay, everything seems to be in place.  I executed your arm-elf-sid command
> and it generated a nice config-file for me (--no-run so I could look at it
> first).

Excellent - that's a the ideal start.

> However,
> It is trying to load things from library files and the symbols are
> unresolved.  I must have done something wrong at compile time or something to
> create that problem (dlopen can't seem to resolve anything... don't know
> why).  Do I need to run ldd or something like that to refresh my library
> cache?

If you ran "make install", and run sid out of the configure-time-specified
$prefix/bin directory, it should all just work.  There are a ways to work
around problems anyway.  You can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $prefix/lib by
hand.  You could configure sid's build tree with "--disable-shared", so no
shared libraries are built or used.

> Secondly, I created two memory sections, but three show up in the config
> file.  And the third one overlaps the first two.  Is that section generated
> for a reason, or can I safely comment it out?

That's exactly the minor complication I was referring to earlier.  The
perl-based front-end doesn't have an option to omit the default memory
region provided for plain process emulation mode.  Until such an option
appears, yes indeed, commenting the unwanted region is the right thing.
(The minimal change may be just to comment out the "connect-bus" directive
that maps the ram/rom component into the address space.)

- FChE