Re: Does SID initialize all its components ?

Hi -

> I wrote some assembly programs to comunicate with the
> UART1 and UART2 serial ports of SID.
> I was surprised that i didn't need to initialize
> serial port before send the data to it.

What kind of initialization did you expect?  I believe
most SID components aim to start up in a state similar
to powerup of the physical devices.  However, since some
features of the hardware may not be emulated, and others
may be hidden by properties of the host I/O, you may get
away with using initial state on the simulator.

This is true in general with simulators: it is possible
to get a "false positive" in the sense that a program
may run on the sim but not on hardware.

> Is it right that SID doesn't need any initialization
> of its components before using them?

Not really.  What you're seeing is probably a coincidence.

- FChE