Re: SID execution error

Hi -

> I built SID and a arm-target cross-toolchain and wanted to try sid, but I
> got some problem.
>
> The toolchain on my systerm was a prebuilt one, I download it from:
> http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/compile-tools/
> [...]
> then I compiled it with arm-linux-gcc:
> arm-linux-gcc -o test.exe test.c

The problem is that this toolchain probably produces arm-linux type
executables.  While they may be ELF format files, they likely assume
a memory layout (and importantly, system libraries and system call ABI)
that is different from that of basic embedded ARM systems.

It's not hopeless to try to configure sid to try to emulate an arm-linux
environment.  It'd be easier to get a plain embedded arm-elf toolchain,
or use the arm-linux one somehow without the linux target dependencies.

- FChE