Re: SID and eCos

Hi Scott,

  Scott> After sending my previous message, I noticed that this is already part of
  Scott> SID. (Perhaps though, the fancy graphics are missing). I also have 7
  Scott> segment LED's http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/7seg3.gif.

Yep.

A seven segment display component would be a nice introduction to
using the SID API.  Please consider porting your component.  There is
plenty of programmer documentation on the web pages.

  Scott> Oh and of course, I almost forgot, gpsim simulates almost every Microchip
  Scott> PIC device; everything from the tiny 12-bit core devices, to the popular
  Scott> 14-bit core devices, and the less used, but more powerful 16-bit core
  Scott> devices. These are essentially modules too.

These would be great to have in SID, if you're feeling like it!

  Scott> One of the goals for gpsim was speed. On my ancient 450Mhz PIII, gpsim can
  Scott> simulate a PIC several times faster than real time. This was achieved by
  Scott> creating an event-driven behavioral simulation model. In essence, the
  Scott> simulator only simulates the things it needs to simulate. That sounds like

In general, this is the philosophy of SID components: only simulate
sufficiently for target software to execute correctly.

Cheers, Ben