Re: run helloworld

Hi -

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 03:31:35PM -0800, Robert Lee wrote:
> I can configure the program to run in different
> environments.  How about on Assabet (an ARM board from
> Intel) for linux?

In other words, it is an arm-linux program that you're trying
to run on the simulator (but without running the full linux
kernel)?  This would require sid to emulate linux system calls,
for which no support exists right now.  It might be possible to
run linux in its entirety on the simulator, but that in turn
requires that enough board-level stuff (peripherals, memory maps,
virtual hard drives, etc.) be configured for linux to boot.  I
believe there is no prepackaged sid configuration for that specific
board, so this would take a bit of work.

You may find it easier to grab a new arm-elf cross toolchain, and
build an ANGEL-based executable (sid can emulate core ANGEL monitor
calls), or consider using a "well-traveled" sid board-level
configuration such as eCos running on a simulated ARM PID7T board.

- FChE