how to get started?

Hi,

I heard about SID and I think it is cool.
Unfortunately, I do not quite understand how to get
started.  Can anybody give me a hand?  Thanks!

I checked out the source code, did "make" and "make
install".  Everything looked fine.  I got a directory
which contains bin/, include/, info/, lib/, man/, and
share/.  In bin/, I found files such as sid and
configrun-sid.  Then, I am lost.

In the user's guide, chapter "Using SID" says, "sid
arm7t-config" but I did not find a file named
"arm7t-config" anywhere.

I found some .conf files in share/sid/.  I ran "sid
arm-pid-tksm.conf" and a TK window showed up.  When I
ran "sid arm-cma.conf", it said:
arm-cma.conf:46: component type hw-visual-lcd unknown
arm-cma.conf:99: component display not found
arm-cma.conf:100: component display not found
arm-cma.conf:103: component display not found
arm-cma.conf:104: component display not found
Configuration error.  Aborting.

Finally, I tried "sid i386-gdb.conf" and it seemed
hanging.

Can I run in SID a "hello world" program that runs on
a real ARM processor?  How can I do it?

Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

=====
Robert Lee
Software Engineer