Re: Running the hello.c example

Hi again,

Ok. I kind of worked out my problem but I'm still not successfully. I
compiled newlib version 1.8.0 and installed it so that now I have crt0.o
(for arm-elf target) on my /tools/arm-elf/lib directory. Now I can compile
my application and generate an executable with the following command line:

arm-elf-gcc -L/tools/arm-elf/lib -I/tools/arm-elf/include hello.c -o hello.x

Actually this was still complaining about the crt0.o file not found. I
worked it around copying the file from /tools/arm-elf/lib to my current
directory.

When I start arm-elf-sid, though, I get the following error:

% arm-elf-sid hello.x
Fault (software, 0x69) pc=0x8764

If I try to run it through gdb I get nothing on my console:

% arm-elf-sid --gdb=2000 -EL &
[1] 3554
% arm-elf-gdb hello.x
GNU gdb 5.0.92
are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf"...
(gdb) target remote localhost:2000
Remote debugging using localhost:2000
(gdb) load
(gdb) cont
Continuing.
(gdb)

Shouldn't I see "Hello world!" printed on my console?

Cristiano.

PS: I'm doing all this on my RedHat Linux 7.1.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira