Re: Possible remote.c patch for Z-packet breakpoints + Harvard + SID

> Executive summary for the lists I've added to this thread: Z-packet
> breakpoints don't work with SID on Harvard architectures.

> On 16-Jul-2001, I wrote:

>> When a Harvard-architecture GDB sends an address to SID, the address has a
>> high bit set indicating whether the address space, e.g. instruction
>> vs. data.

FWIW, I recently had to deal with this in RedBoot. Since the RedBoot stub
already had to deal with differentiating code and data addresses, I just
used the same mechanism to convert from a "gdb" address to a hw code or
data address when decoding the Z packet before the __set_breakpoint() is
called.

--Mark