Re: Testing with --target=FOO

  Frank> Which ones?  Back when we only had an arm model to work with, we
  Frank> were expedient and hard-coded tests to use that.  But now, with
  Frank> many more ports in-house, those old tests should generally be
  Frank> made cpu-independent, or replicated in multiple cpu-dependent
  Frank> copies, as appropriate.

Right.  I took a moment to do some more investigation:

	find sid/component/testsuite -type f | xargs grep hw-cpu-arm7t

and discovered that the majority of the offenders are in the cfgroot
component testsuite.  For example:

	sid/component/testsuite/sidcomp.cfgroot/multiDso.badconf:new hw-cpu-arm7t cpu

  Frank> Can you provide more details on why some canonical cpu is
  Frank> required for what are presumably non-cpu tests?

Seemingly no good reason.

  Frank> or #4:
  Frank> +  Change the test suite.

This looks like the way to proceed.  I'll submit patches
sometime. Thanks.

Ben