Re: PCI

Hi -

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 09:31:24PM +0100, Johan Rydberg wrote:
: Anyone working on a PCI bus componenet ?

Not at this time.  For clarity of terminology, I would
say that what we need is not a component that models the
PCI bus per se, but rather:

- a programmable mapper component (for use in implementing
  the reconfigurable address mapping), *OR*
- a memory-access-broadcasting component (a special mapper
  that broadcasts each incoming access to a number of slaves,
  just as would happen on a real bus, instead of decoding the
  access by address to a single slave)
- models of subsets of PCI bus controller chips (their control
  registers)
- a utility component class that implements common functions
  of generic PCI bus slaves vs. masters, in specific by exposing
  sid models of the standard physical interfaces (buses,
  interrupt lines, address-space selection signals, control signals).
- a pair of sid components for bridging PCI-to-plain-sid-bus and vice-versa

- FChE

PGP signature