A little to make separate document with psgml

Hello,

First, excuse me for the poor english level of my message, it is
probabely the source of  my  problems.

I load recently the psgml module (I'm a new user of SGML) and I have
some problems with the initialisation of some variables.

I first have problems with public identifiers, what I've resolved with a
simple read of the psgml.el file (with give me a good idea of the use of
externals variables).

Show, I want to use split document (because we have big files and we
prefere to split them in several little files : it's better for the
modification).

The problem is :
I would to refer the master document in the separate files and
initialise the variable localy in each file (I'll do it with emacs).
So i presume the good variable will be sgml-parent-document.
I have initialise it but it doesn't work (the psgml module can't find
the DTD).

I use the DocBook 3.1 as DTD.
The parent file name's who's take the doc type declaration :
mucomplet.sgm
It's an 'set' entity.
My spliting document name's : tome1.sgm.
It's an 'book' entity.

My spliting file initialy contains the following declaration :
---- content of the file

<book>
  <title> .....</title>
</book>
---- end of the content of the file

So, I put at the end of my spliting document this lines :

<!--
  Local Variables:
  sgml-doctype: "mucomplet.sgm"
  sgml-parent-document: ("mucomplet.sgm" "" "set" "book")
  End:
  -->

But it doesn't work...

In fact, i have some problem to understand the signification of
- CONTEXT-ELEMENT
- TOP-ELEMENT
- HAS-SEEN-ELEMENT

Can you give me a help (with a little exemple), or have you a new
documentation which can help me.

regards,
Dominique

--
Dominique MOREAU - E-mail : dmoreau@matra-ms2i.fr
Phone : 33 1 34 63 77 18 - Telefax : 33 1 34 63 76 23