Re: Jython dependencies...

Tom Tromey writes:

> This must be specific to the particular program.  With yesterday's
> 3.1 tree, a static hello-world type program works fine.  (I was
> surprised by that.)

Well, I linked statically so I could debug because I never managed to
put my hands on a gdb to would let me debug dynamically linked Java
apps.

Knowing that the GC had a problem with -O2, I rebuilt it appropriately
and started to debug to eventually get the same error the trace
shows. Now the interesting thing is that before rebuilding the GC,
jython would simply say something like `Aborted' but now the
statically or dynamically linked version are printing the trace.

I'm just going to try to rebuild the toolchain without any
optimization, and we'll see. I tried to back Bryce's static ctor
patch, but just going by the message he posted, I get sources that
aren't building -- note that the upgrade after which jython would
crash included that mod (and many others, of course.)

./A