Re: Revisiting java problems

Derrick Snowden wrote:
(...) I should mention that rhdb-cc
fails with an error "Unable to find the java executable" which is in my PATH env variable.

Hi Derrick,

The Control Center runs as root, so your PATH doesn't matter, but what is in the root user's PATH.

Some of the SDKs or JREs when installed set the root PATH and JAVA_PATH environment variables but some don't (like Sun's). Even though, if the JRE is installed in the standard places the script that starts rhdb-cc usually finds it.

In any case, you can always edit the script and add a JAVA_HOME variable to it.
Edit  /usr/share/rhdb-cc/rhdb-cc.sh and add a line like this:
JAVA_HOME=<wherever your Java is installed>
right after the header comments.

You should not need this, but if it gets you running we have one less item to think about.

Please let me know if you can start rhdb-cc now.

Regards,
Fernando