Re: RHDB 2.1 ISO not working

Paul Leung wrote:
I created a database cluster in one account with the admin program. When I went into another account and opened up the admin program, the database cluster wasnt there. The admin program had no clusters shown initially. I manually added the cluster that I made with my other account but I wasnt sure if it was the same cluster that I made initially or a brand new cluster that has the same name as the first one. So what's happening here?

A RHDB/PostgreSQL cluster is defined by a DBMS backend listening on a certain port of a certain host. As long as you defined the new cluster with the same host name (or IP address) and port number you are connecting to the same database cluster (or "catalog cluster" in the SQL standard terms -- I find the PostgreSQL terminology more clear).

Of course you can also choose what database user you want to connect as,
so you can have different "clusters" so you can connect as the DBA or as an ordinary user to the same backend.

Anyway, each user of the tool may want these things set differently, connect to different clusters etc., so these settings are per Unix user and sored in the ~/.rhdb directory.

I also noticed that there was a trigger tab that I could go to to add triggers. I saw tabs for views, functions, and etc. but nothing for triggers. Where do I go to add triggers?
Triggers are database objects associated with tables. If you open a table node (after you create a table, of course), you will see things like indexes and triggers in there.

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser