pthread.h include missing

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius@rtems.org
Tue Apr 6 13:11:00 GMT 2010

On 04/05/2010 05:09 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have confirmed the issue with a missing include
> of pthread.h is also with 1.18.0 when you replace
> sched.h and sys/sched.h.

I am not able to reproduce your issues, Joel.

Conversely, all of current RTEMS toolchain rpms have Jeff's latested
sched.h and sys/sched.h merged-in and built without your problems.

[The RTEMS toolchains currently uses newlib-1.18.0 with a couple of
backports from newlib-cvs + a couple of other additions applied].

> Any suggestions on how
> to fix this?
The breakdown logs you are posting are similar to those I had
encountered before reporting the "circular dependency" issue between
<sys/types.h> and <sched.h>/<sys/sched.h>.

My guess is either your build- environment is unclean, your sources
diverge or you are facing side-effects of bugs in GCC. Do you have the
RTEMS gcc patches applied? Remember, vanilla GCC currently does not
build due to various include file path issues and more ...

[Furthermore: Major difference between Joel's and my toolchain builds: I
am building in "chroots", he is building is his ("polluted") user
environment. ]

> I just don't seem to be able to
> find the magic spot to insert an include of pthread.h. :(
There is no "magic spot". Newlib handles pthread.h like it handles all
other headers and GCC picks it up from its include paths.

Ralf