Got printf() et al. to work, but not for floating point

Rick Mann rmann@latencyzero.com
Fri Sep 14 15:41:00 GMT 2007

So, I've gotten printf() to work on my PXA320 target, outputting to
the serial port. I've also got floating point working, as evidenced
by a little bouncing-ball app I wrote using floating point math. I
also have malloc() working (AFAICT).

However, if I try to print a floating-point value with printf(), the
system either crashes or hangs for a long time.

printf("Hello. Pi is %f\n", 3.141592654f);

Any ideas as to why? I know on my other arm target, using a toolchain
built for it and used by others, printf() with floating point values
is a bit flaky, too.

--
Rick