HPPA .subspa

I hate to crosspost but this one seems to merit it.

Targets:  hppa1.1-elf/hppa1.1-rtems
Version:  all newlib versions that I know of including 1.8.2
binutils: OK with 2.9.1, breaks with recent snapshots.

I am trying to test newlib 1.8.2 with late model binutils to get
an RTEMS patch submitted.  Earlier this week, I ran into trouble
because the .subspa directive has been removed.  At first, I thought
this would just impact RTEMS specific code.  A quick find/grep turned
up all of this:

bash$ find newlib-1.8.2 -type f | xargs -e grep -il subspa
newlib-1.8.2/newlib/libc/machine/hppa/DEFS.h
newlib-1.8.2/newlib/libc/machine/hppa/pcc_prefix.s
newlib-1.8.2/newlib/libc/machine/hppa/setjmp.S
newlib-1.8.2/newlib/libc/sys/rtems/crt0.c
newlib-1.8.2/libgloss/hp74x/crt0.s
newlib-1.8.2/libgloss/hp74x/debugger.s
newlib-1.8.2/libgloss/hp74x/iva_table.s
newlib-1.8.2/libgloss/pa/hp-milli.s
newlib-1.8.2/libgloss/pa/setjmp.S
bash$ find newlib-1.8.2 -type f | xargs -e grep -i subspa | wc -l
     71

For a total of 71 subspace in 9 files.

I am not an hppa expert, so don't really know how to deal with this
one.  RTEMS itself has 34 subspaces in 3 files impacted as well so
advice on how to semi-mechanically correct this would be greatly
appreciated.

Hopefully, this report will spark enough discussion to figure out what
do.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985