This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: write XML output file only once
- From: Christian Thalinger <twisti at complang dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: mauve-patches ml <mauve-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:08:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: write XML output file only once
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 12:36 +0200, Christian Thalinger wrote:
> This patch only writes the XML output file once after the Harness sends
> "_dump_data_" and not after each finished testlet. This can be a huge
> amount of data writes when running e.g. on java.util.
> OK to commit?
I'll commit that one now. For me this is a much better solution than
the current one because the current one is only better if the failing
test is the last one (think of running a lot of tests like java.util,
not just only one or two). When a test crashes or hangs Harness
restarts a new RunnerProcess and overwrites the previous XML file, so
all previous test data is lost anyways.