This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: builder StdBuild clean after install
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Andrew John Hughes <a dot hughes at dcs dot shef dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: mauve-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, cpdev at builder dot classpath dot berkeleysignal dot com, abalkiss at redhat dot com, Andrew Hughes <gnu_andrew at member dot fsf dot org>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:10:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: builder StdBuild clean after install
- References: <email@example.com> <3F0B9512-2C46-44E4-A1E1-E07489360CD8@dcs.shef.ac.uk>
On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 09:31 +0100, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> On 5 Jul 2006, at 01:08, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > We were running out of space on builder.classpath.org because we
> > seem to
> > be building a lot more stuff on it now. The machine has only 10GB disk
> > space for everything (and a gcc source, build and install is already
> > larger than 2GB). So I added a make clean after the make install in
> > StdBuild to reclaim some space.
> I guess that rules out what I was trying to do then -- adding mine
> and Tromey's GCC branches to the build.
Aha, that is why we were suddenly out of disk space! :)
You can certainly add them, but be careful of the amount of space left
on the machine and please do add the scripts to the mauve cvs module so
others can see what is/can be build. There is now just 1GB free.
Unfortunately the make clean trick doesn't seem to work for gcc since
that step can fail. We probably need to replace it with make clean ||
true to make sure it doesn't kill the whole build step.