This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: RFC: remove old harness
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim at redhat dot com>
- Cc: mauve-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 12 Jun 2006 09:40:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC: remove old harness
- References: <4486E4A2.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Tom" == Thomas Fitzsimmons <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Tom> I wanted some comments before making this change. It reports
Tom> test results differently -- each test is a pass/fail rather than each
Tom> check -- so we'll also need to update our nightly scripts.
If the output is vaguely similar ("PASS: foo") then I think all we
need to do is delete our old baselines.
Tom> The new harness is better than the old one in every way, in my
Tom> opinion, so I see no reason in keeping the old one around.
I didn't read the patch or anything, I take your word for it.
Tom> What do people think?
Do we need to update the build code in libgcj's test suite?
I think mauve testing there has been broken for a while :(
It would be nice to make that more robust.