This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
runFinalization in Classloader.initialize doesn't run on cacao
- From: Olivier Jolly <olivier dot jolly at pcedev dot com>
- To: jeroen at frijters dot net
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com, Mauve Patch List <mauve-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:50:22 +0100
- Subject: runFinalization in Classloader.initialize doesn't run on cacao
while wandering around with Classloaders, I found that the teslet
gnu.testlet.java.lang.Classloader.initialize wasn't running with Cacao.
It seems that in the beginning of the test method, it creates an
anonymous Classloader and then call System.gc() and
System.runFinalization() and expects the finalizer to be ran to set a
singleton like variable holder.
While this is ok in jamvm and sun jre 1.5.0, cacao doesn't run the
finalizer since runFinalization only gives a hint and not a mandatory
order, so it is compliant.
My question is whether I'm missing something and this way of doing
brings something in this test or it could be rewritten in a simpler way,
more compliant with the various jvm.
Thanks in advance