This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: [Jacks] RFA: Update jacks.html
- From: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew at gmail dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: mauve-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:19:20 +0530
- Subject: Re: [Jacks] RFA: Update jacks.html
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew at gmail dot com>
On 22 Sep 2005 09:45:08 -0600, Tom Tromey <email@example.com> wrote:
> Ranjit> 1. The "jacks" top-level script explicitly refers to tclsh8.4,
> Ranjit> while the stated requirements are that only Tcl 8.3 or better
> Ranjit> is required. Why can't this be just "tclsh" instead of having
> Ranjit> a hard-coded version?
> I think that way back when, older versions of tcl which didn't supply
> all the needed libraries were still common. We can probably get rid
> of this now.
You seem to have made this change yourself around
8 months ago. Does the bare "tclsh" not work on
your box? On the two boxes that I checked, this is a
symbolic link to "tclsh8.3".
Ranjit Mathew Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com
Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/