This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: gnu.testlet.java.net.Socket tests
- From: Stephen Crawley <crawley at dstc dot edu dot au>
- To: Bryce McKinlay <mckinlay at redhat dot com>
- Cc: mauve-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, crawley at piglet dot dstc dot edu dot au
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:49:47 +1000
- Subject: Re: gnu.testlet.java.net.Socket tests
> This patch changes them to start their own local server in another thread.
In effect, you have turned this test into a testcase for both the
client AND server sides of the VM / Classpath's socket support. This
is a bad idea, IMO.
It would be better to make the target hostname and/or port number
configuration parameters. Ideally, the ./configure script should be
able to intuit sensible settings and/or allow the user to override them
via a '--with' option.