This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: Patches for java.lang.ref.PhantomReference.phantom and WeakReference.weak
- From: Stephen Crawley <crawley at dstc dot edu dot au>
- To: Ingo Prötel <proetel at aicas dot com>
- Cc: mauve-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, crawley at piglet dot dstc dot edu dot au
- Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:40:36 +1000
- Subject: Re: Patches for java.lang.ref.PhantomReference.phantom and WeakReference.weak
I think it would be better to remove these tests from Mauve, and leave
it to VM implementors to create appropriate VM specific tests for the
classes in the java.ref package. For example, with Kissme the VM can
be configured to respect java.lang.System.gc() calls. (However Kissme
does not implement any of the java.ref functionality.)
What do other people think?