This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: mauve Harness and RunnerProcess Proposal
- From: Pekka Enberg <penberg at kernel dot org>
- To: James Ahmed <crystalera123us at gmail dot com>
- Cc: ptisnovs at redhat dot com, mauve-discuss at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:58:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: mauve Harness and RunnerProcess Proposal
- References: <CAMMvJZtKUBEQHXvJaPWf4b51hRAHxWnA4hpuxCZkuSSsGtw2CQ@mail.gmail.com>
(CC'ing the mailing list.)
On Sat, 2012-02-11 at 16:51 +0000, James Ahmed wrote:
> Hi there,
> I recently started using the Mauve testcases on a Custom JVM.
> And i noticed a small little feature i thought would be a
> great addition to the Project.
> For better automation, test cases should create an xml file
> based on their file name.
> So for instance a command line option "-autoXml <results_dir>"
> would create xml files containing the results of the test runs
> in the <results_dir> specidied.
> so running testcase java/beans/XMLDecoder/EqualityChecker.java
> would create
> so running java.*
> would populate the relevant xml files in their relevant
> The argument here is that this will help automated testers
> gather the results more efficiently?
> I would like to know if this change would be accepted before
> i began making it.
If Mauve doesn't already support this sort of thing, it certainly makes
sense to me to add it.