This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: "I'm Sun. Can I use the Mauve Project's testsuite?"
- From: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- To: David Herron <David dot Herron at Sun dot COM>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:12:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: "I'm Sun. Can I use the Mauve Project's testsuite?"
- References: <48583C7B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
David Herron wrote:
Hi, I'm getting ready to request permission to officially use Mauve
in-house on OpenJDK testing.
We've been flexible with the licensing because, among other things,
we're not distributing binaries.
Reviewing the license headers I found an instance of the Common Public
License in a properties file.
I don't know yet if this will be a problem. The policy says I have to
tell the lawyers about this other license ....soooooo... Hm, I also
found a file under the Apache license and that the CORBA tests were
imported from elsewhere and are under either LGPL or GPL.
Then there is:
Regex test suites from adapted from PCRE
But that's just the BSD license.
I really just wanted to send you an email with that question from your
FAQ because it's such a cool question for me to ask.Indeed! I've been waiting years to hear it!
(I really need to update that page..)
- David Herron