This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: multidirectbufferIO and multibufferIO
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Casey Marshall <csm at gnu dot org>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sourceware dot org
- Date: 26 Sep 2006 16:19:16 -0600
- Subject: Re: multidirectbufferIO and multibufferIO
- References: <451822FB.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Casey" == Casey Marshall <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Casey> I don't see that much point in using readv/writev for file I/O, anyway,
Casey> especially because there do seem to be bugs in our implementation of it.
Can you ask the guy who wrote this code in Classpath about his
motivations? I don't remember them, and it would be good to know what
drove the implementation before we look at removing it.