This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
- From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim at redhat dot com>
- To: classpath at gnu dot org
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:32:20 -0500
- Subject: Mauve wishlist
Anthony Balkissoon has expressed interest in improving Mauve so we'd
like to know what would be the best things to work on.
Here are two items on my list:
- A web reporting facility that generates JAPI-style bar graphs.
Ideally the graphs would represent a code-coverage analysis but I have
no idea how feasible that is using free tools.
- A framework for testing VM invocations and the tools' command-line
interfaces -- in other words, a framework that can exec commands. This
may be best done as an independent module, separate from Mauve.
There is also lots of room for improvement in how Mauve tests are
selected and run. I'm hoping someone who better understands Mauve's
design will elaborate.