Re: Mauve license

Stuart Ballard wrote:
The point is that, for whatever reasons (rational or irrational), some
people simply won't contribute to a GPL-licensed project. Some of
those people are Harmony contributors. If those people want to
contribute to a Java testsuite, which they do, it won't be Mauve as
long as Mauve is GPL.

Well then IMHO those people are the ones who are being "difficult" and putting politics over progress.

Saying you won't contribute to a GPL project is more a political statement
than the result of some reasonable decision-making process, because
even if you do contribute to GPL software, you still own the copyright
so you can also release your code under any other license you choose.

Personally I don't love the GPL because it imposes more restrictions
than a BSD style license (making, in my opinion, GPL software less free).
But I respect others' religious beliefs. So if the GPL is not otherwise
in the way, I have no problem working with it, etc.

"Can't we all just get along?" :-)

-Archie