This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: registerValidation update
- From: David Gilbert <david dot gilbert at object-refinery dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:02:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: registerValidation update
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Wielaard wrote:
This updates the ObjectInputStream.registerValidation() test to test
whether it is only called one in the deserialization tree (the this
reference) and whether you can add validators at any time and whether
the priority order is observed.
2005-10-12 Mark Wielaard <email@example.com>
Check fields and priority order.
Add self reference, register multiple times with different priorities,
I am currently testing a patch for GNU Classpath.
David since you wrote the original test you might have seen a real world
program using this feature. If so and this is a Free Software program
could you let me know so I can also test my patch against that.
There is one case of this in JFreeChart, in the AbstractDataset class.
I didn't write the code, and I'd have to go and study it to figure out
what it does...most likely I wrote the Mauve test while trying to
understand the mechanism in general. I'm out of time for today, but can
probably look at this in the morning...