This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Keeping Jacks Up-to-date
- From: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew at gmail dot com>
- To: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:32:26 +0530
- Subject: Keeping Jacks Up-to-date
- Openpgp: url=http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/aa_6C114B8F.txt
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Does anyone have any objections to moving Jacks to JLS 3rd
This would mean:
1. Updating jacks.html to note the same with a caveat that work is
still in progress so some tests might be out-of-date.
2. Updating references to various JLS sections. For example the
current tests for "jls/definite-assignment/statements/while-
statements" refer to section 16.2.9, whereas the new JLS has
it in 16.2.10.
3. Removing tests that are no longer wrong. For example,
auto-boxing in JLS 3 invalidates some of the testcases.
4. Writing tests for the new features, most notably, generics.
(I see that this is already happening.)
I presume that patches to Jacks ought to be sent to mauve-patches.
Ranjit Mathew Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com
Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----