This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: Mauve coding on Windows
- From: Meskauskas Audrius <audriusa at bluewin dot ch>
- To: Martin Olsson <mnemo at minimum dot se>, mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:00:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: Mauve coding on Windows
- References: <432259B7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: audriusa at bluewin dot ch
As your purpose is to just write some new tests and not to test GNU
Classpath, the simplest and easiest way would be without much thinking
to delete all tests.
Store the unmodified copy of the source. Then remove
'BinaryCompatibility', 'gnu', 'java', 'javax', 'locales' and 'org' from
gnu/testlet. Try to build. Errors will be reported in
gnu/testlet/config.java, because the generated file names contain the
'\' character (separator under Windows!). Open that file and replace the
'\' by '\\' in all strings. Try to build again. Should succeed. Now,
look at the contents the previously deleted gnu/testlet/java,
gnu/testlet/javax and so on, to see how the tests look like and that
rules the folder system follows. All tests implement the Testlet
interface and has the line like "// Tags: JDK1.4" on the top. The Mauve
framework is rather clear, you will understand. Try to move back,
compile and run several tests that would look simple for you.
If still fails, check:
1. If Eclipse has copied all source files into the project folder in
2. If your Ant is properly installed and added to the project build path.
Martin Olsson wrote:
I would like to write some test cases for the GNU classpath project. I
fetched Mauve from CVS (using eclipse "create project from cvs") but I
ran into a whole bunch of errors:
I think these errors are related to me running Windows 2000 and
windows does not allow a file called "Color" and a dir called "color".
Someone on IRC said that there is atleast one other guy that uses
Windows for Mauve development (Jeroen?). If anyone can provide
information how I can setup a proper Mauve-compatible dev environment
on Windows please drop me a line.
I also have another question, how do I know what test cases are
missing and needs to be implemented?