This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: can Mauve help me test a PersonalJava implementation?
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Schwarz <schwarz at solekai dot com>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 30 Apr 2005 17:26:03 -0600
- Subject: Re: can Mauve help me test a PersonalJava implementation?
- References: <XFMail.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Steven" == Steven Schwarz <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Steven> Of these, I only had success with JDK 1.4.2. All of the others failed
Steven> to compile the SimpleTestHarness, as well as some of the classes
Steven> involved in various individual tests.
The intent was always that this would work properly -- that you could
compile the 1.x subset of Mauve with a 1.x compiler and runtime, and
then try it.
However, this has obviously bit-rotted, probably because nobody really
uses anything < 1.4 any more.
Patches to fix this are welcome ... :-)
But of course we can't promise it won't break again unless this is
done with some regularity.
Steven> * With respect to this vendor's claim, it appears to be made in
Steven> marketing literature dated 2001. Is it possible to go back to the
Steven> sources that would have been current in 2001 in the current CVS
Sure, see the '-D' option to cvs.