Re: JLS vs JDK tags

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 09:57 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Bryce> Does it make any sense to keep JLS tags in mauve? Only a handful of
> Bryce> test cases use them. I'd like to simplify the tags a little and
> Bryce> convert JLS1.2 -> JDK1.2, etc.
>
> I never really understood the distinction.  I say nuke 'em.

Agreed!

It probably comes from when the JLS (Java Language Specification) books
were the oonly place were the core packages were described in detail.
They dropped the description of the libraries in later editions though.
I believe the term JDK wasn't used in the early days. I remember talking
about the JCL (1e edition, 2e edition, supplemental) because that is the
abbrivation of the Addison Wesley book series most of us use to lookup
details not found in other places.

Cheers,

Mark