Re: Mauve results...

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 00:01, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 00:53, David Gilbert wrote:
> > I ran (most of) the Mauve tests tonight (using JamVM 1.2 and the latest
> > CVS version of Classpath) and posted the results here for anyone that is
> > interested:
> >
> > http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/latest/
> >
> > The above reports exclude about 10 test files that won't run for me yet
> > - I'll look into those when I get a chance.
>
> Thanks!
> Can you post that list of files?
> Maybe someone immediately knows what is wrong with those.

The tests I excluded were:

gnu.testlet.java.awt.image.PixelGrabber.SimpleGrabber
gnu.testlet.java.net.DatagramSocket.DatagramSocketTest2
gnu.testlet.java.net.DatagramSocket.DatagramSocketTest
gnu.testlet.java.lang.Character.unicode
gnu.testlet.java.text.DateFormatSymbols.Test
gnu.testlet.java.util.logging.SocketHandler.getFormatter
gnu.testlet.java.util.logging.SocketHandler.publish
gnu.testlet.java.util.logging.SocketHandler.getFilter
gnu.testlet.java.beans.XMLDecoder.jdk14
gnu.testlet.javax.swing.undo.AbstractUndoableEdit.getUndoPresentationName
gnu.testlet.javax.swing.undo.AbstractUndoableEdit.getRedoPresentationName
gnu.testlet.javax.swing.undo.AbstractUndoableEdit.getPresentationName
gnu.testlet.javax.swing.undo.UndoManager.getUndoPresentationName
gnu.testlet.javax.swing.undo.UndoManager.getRedoPresentationName
gnu.testlet.javax.swing.undo.UndoManager.getUndoOrRedoPresentationName
gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JLabel.Icon
gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JLabel.Mnemonic

I didn't have any time to look into the problems, I would guess that
some of the latter tests fail because I compiled Classpath with
--disable-gtk-peer (the machine that I run this on has SuSE 9.1 on it,
therefore an old-ish version of Gnome, and for a bunch of reasons I
don't want to mess around with updating the machine right now).

And some failures may be due to bugs in the custom test harness that I
run the tests with.

It will probably be January before I'll get a chance to put a lot more
time into this - but I hope the reports I posted are useful to give
developers a quick overview of how the test failures are distributed.

Regards,

Dave