Re: Mauve reports...

Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 08:06 schrieb Noa Resare:
> tor 2004-10-28 klockan 23:10 +0100 skrev David Gilbert:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've written a subclass of TestHarness that records the results
> > of a Mauve run, and another class that generates HTML output for
> > the results.  You can see sample output from the program here:
> >
> > http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/latest/
> >
> > ...and the source code (GPL) is here:
> >
> > http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/mauve-repor
> >t.zip
> >
> > I haven't written any documentation yet, but will do so in time
> > as I plan to use this reporting framework for some of my own
> > projects.
>
> Very nice output. Getting rid of SimpleTestHarness by extending
> TestHarness directly is the right way to go IMHO.
>
> It seems however that there is a certain overlap between this
> effort and my xml output patch that I did a while ago[1]. Have you
> looked at it? With some minor modifications I think that the xml
> format can carry all information needed to create your html output.
> That way we could use the data from one test run both for
> generating a html report and doing automated test difference
> reporting with my testdiff[2] tool.

I wasn't aware of your code until someone told me about it on IRC. XML
is more nice of course. We can easily transform it to HTML with XSL
stylescheets. I do this already with the checkstyle xml output. I
will install this on developer.classpath.org when I'm back from
holidays. Your mauve things might be good to have there too. Can you
both work together on this mauve stuff ?

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/