Re: Mauve reports...

tor 2004-10-28 klockan 23:10 +0100 skrev David Gilbert:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a subclass of TestHarness that records the results of a
> Mauve run, and another class that generates HTML output for the
> results.  You can see sample output from the program here:
>
> http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/latest/
>
> ...and the source code (GPL) is here:
>
> http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/mauve-report.zip
>
> I haven't written any documentation yet, but will do so in time as I
> plan to use this reporting framework for some of my own projects.

Very nice output. Getting rid of SimpleTestHarness by extending
TestHarness directly is the right way to go IMHO.

It seems however that there is a certain overlap between this effort and
my xml output patch that I did a while ago[1]. Have you looked at it?
With some minor modifications I think that the xml format can carry all
information needed to create your html output. That way we could use the
data from one test run both for generating a html report and doing
automated test difference reporting with my testdiff[2] tool.

I will be offline for about a week now, and then I hope to help getting
kaffe-1.1.5 out the door but after that I have planned to turn my
attention to mauve and your code fits into some of my plans quite well.
Perhaps I whould write a separate message about that.

Thanks for making this available
/noa

[1] http://resare.com/noa/mauve/patches/00-mauve-xmlout3.patch
[2] http://resare.com/noa/testdiff/