This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: virtual machine tests
- From: Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe dot org>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Mauve News Group <mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:32:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: virtual machine tests
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Tromey wrote:
I've been doing some surgery on the VM parts of libgcj, and it occurs
to me that there isn't really a comprehensive test suite for this. I
think it is time to set one up.
My current plan is to make a new Mauve module called "vm", and put
tests there. Of the many test frameworks we have at the moment, I
find jacks is the easiest to work with (and most appropriate for this
kind of testing), so I think I will just copy that framework and use
it. Eventually I'd like to move the verifier tests here as well.
It will be a little while before I set this up for real. Send email
if you have an objection or comment.
Sounds cool. I guess we could mirror the JVMS hierarchy in the tests
like jacks does for JLS.
All I've found last time around when I looked for VM tests was the tests
in Jcon .