This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: gnu/testlet/java/nio/channels/FileChannel/manyopen.java broken
- From: Stephen Crawley <crawley at dstc dot edu dot au>
- To: Noa Resare <noa at resare dot com>
- Cc: Mauve Discuss <mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>, crawley at piglet dot dstc dot edu dot au
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:47:34 +1000
- Subject: Re: gnu/testlet/java/nio/channels/FileChannel/manyopen.java broken
> Since the test doesn't actually test for anything other than the
> ability to open many files and the extent of that ability isn't
> specified in any spec that I'm aware of I suggest that we remove the
Agreed. It should be deleted.
This testcase previously used to also (indirectly) check that orphaned file
handles were closed by garbage collection finalization. However, this
was done by explicitly calling System.gc(), and thus was even more broken
that the current version of the testcase.