This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
RE: ClassLoader.findLoadedClass (was: ServiceFactory)
- From: "Robert Lougher" <robert_lougher at hotmail dot com>
- To: dholmes at dltech dot com dot au, archie at dellroad dot org
- Cc: brawer at dandelis dot ch, chris at kiffer dot eunet dot be, aph at redhat dot com, classpath at gnu dot org, mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:40:32 +0000
- Subject: RE: ClassLoader.findLoadedClass (was: ServiceFactory)
Yes, I agree (but see my comment below). Iin fact, I suggested moving
findLoadedClass to the VMClassLoader in my last post. The next release of
JamVM, which should be out tonight, will have this. This means releasing a
modified ClassLoader as a "VM class" but it'll be a while before this makes
it into the next release of Classpath.
----Original Message Follows----
From: "David Holmes" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
VMClassLoader can define a default mechanism using hashtables or just leave
A pure Java "reference" implementation won't work. At the Java level
VMClassLoader can only keep track of classes defined by a loader (when it
calls VMClassLoader.defineClass). A call back will be needed so that the VM
can record a loader as an initiating loader for a class.
Or in simple words: move the lookup table out of ClassLoader into
Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends