This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: FW: Question about Java Lang testcaseJAVA.LANG.REFLECT.ARRAY.NEGATIVEARRAYSIZEEXCEPTION
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu>
- To: Patrick Ellis <Patrick dot Ellis at sas dot com>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 06:08:14 -0600
- Subject: Re: FW: Question about Java Lang testcaseJAVA.LANG.REFLECT.ARRAY.NEGATIVEARRAYSIZEEXCEPTION
- References: <F2E670D5036BE14E89473A3FAEDE6ACE0280680C@merc18.na.sas.com>
No. Sun admits that their VM is buggy for not throwing the exception in
this case (search their BugParade database).
Patrick Ellis wrote:
the testcase should throw an NegativeArraySizeException but because the negative -1 is the second element and 0 is the first element
some JVMs fail to throw the exception. Should the testcase be changed from x = new int[-1]; -----> x = new int[-1];
This signature intentionally left boring.
Eric Blake ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu
BYU student, free software programmer