Re: API Differences

--- Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org> wrote:
> Daryl Lee <dlee@altaregos.com> writes:
>
> > Having completed the java.io JDK 1.1 tests, I am
> now ready to move on to
> > the 1.2 tests, but I need an efficient means of
> knowing the differences
> > between the two versions of the APIs.  Is there a
> tool I can use that will
> > identify exactly what needs to be tested?
>
> japicompat/japize can be used for this purpose.
> Take the 1.1 and 1.2
> files from the japize website and run japicompat to
> compare them.

Or you could use http://javadiff.sourceforge.net/
which is written to specifically go after changes in
API docs. japitools are great to see what has changed
on the binary compatibility side, but jdiff looks like
a great way to see how specified semantics have
changed/been clarified.

best regards,

dalibor topic