This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: API Differences
- From: Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo dot com>
- To: Brian Jones <cbj at gnu dot org>, Daryl Lee <dlee at altaregos dot com>
- Cc: Mauve Discuss <mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 04:37:44 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: API Differences
--- Brian Jones <email@example.com> wrote:
> Daryl Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Having completed the java.io JDK 1.1 tests, I am
> now ready to move on to
> > the 1.2 tests, but I need an efficient means of
> knowing the differences
> > between the two versions of the APIs. Is there a
> tool I can use that will
> > identify exactly what needs to be tested?
> japicompat/japize can be used for this purpose.
> Take the 1.1 and 1.2
> files from the japize website and run japicompat to
> compare them.
Or you could use http://javadiff.sourceforge.net/
which is written to specifically go after changes in
API docs. japitools are great to see what has changed
on the binary compatibility side, but jdiff looks like
a great way to see how specified semantics have
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.