This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
ResourceBundle variants and child variants
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:27:55 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: ResourceBundle variants and child variants
- References: <1039286784.5707.18.camel@elsschot>
Mark Wielaard writes:
> Mauve contains a couple of java.util.ResourceBundle checks that test for
> "child variants". The Java Class Libraries, Volume 1, Second Edition
> explains these things and gives some examples. e.g
> ErrorResources_de_CH_WIN_95 and ErrorResources_de_CH_WIN_311 are both
> child variants of ErrorResources_de_CH_WIN. Mauve even contains some
> tests to check that these child variants are correctly searched for.
> The API Spec as found online however does not talk about child variants
> at all. And a quick test against the Sun JDK 1.4.1 implementation seems
> to suggest that it does not implement support for these child variants.
> Which specification should we take as normative?
> Do the different class libraries implementations implement it?
> (GNU Classpath and libgcj don't support them, kaffe does.)
> Should these tests be removed from Mauve?
I would think so. There's no way that Mauve should be testing
anything outside the specifications.