This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: mauve ChangeLog Makefile.in aclocal.m4 configure
- From: Brian Jones <cbj at gnu dot org>
- To: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Stephen Crawley <crawley at dstc dot edu dot au>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, crawley at sources dot redhat dot com, Mauve News Group <mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>, crawley at piglet dot dstc dot edu dot au
- Date: 03 Dec 2002 16:03:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: mauve ChangeLog Makefile.in aclocal.m4 configure
- References: <200211190009.gAJ0920x002866@piglet.dstc.edu.au><1038842811.31616.90.camel@escape>
Anthony Green <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 16:09, Stephen Crawley wrote:
> > There are other simple ways to solve the "problem" of ./configure not
> > being in the repository. Besides, I think it is better for the auto
> > testing to exercise the dependency regularly, than it is to discover it
> > has been broken months ago; e.g. when someone installed a new version of
> > autoconf, etc.
> The auto* tools are for the software maintainers, and shouldn't be
> required for simply building and testing tools. We build and test GCC
> with mauve on machines that may not have autoconf/etc installed. There
> is no work-around for this.
> It seems like your main concern is that mauve will grow a dependency on
> a specific version of these tools. Was this a big issue in the past?
> Why don't we simply fix issues as they are reported?
> I would like to add these files back.
Adding the files back I think should be allowed in the short term, but
longer term it would be nice for the gcc machinery to be updated.
Brian Jones <email@example.com>