This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: mauve ChangeLog Makefile.in aclocal.m4 configure
- From: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- To: Stephen Crawley <crawley at dstc dot edu dot au>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Brian Jones <cbj at gnu dot org>, crawley at sources dot redhat dot com, Mauve News Group <mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>, crawley at piglet dot dstc dot edu dot au
- Date: 02 Dec 2002 07:26:25 -0800
- Subject: Re: mauve ChangeLog Makefile.in aclocal.m4 configure
- References: <200211190009.gAJ0920x002866@piglet.dstc.edu.au>
Sorry about joining this late...
On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 16:09, Stephen Crawley wrote:
> There are other simple ways to solve the "problem" of ./configure not
> being in the repository. Besides, I think it is better for the auto
> testing to exercise the dependency regularly, than it is to discover it
> has been broken months ago; e.g. when someone installed a new version of
> autoconf, etc.
The auto* tools are for the software maintainers, and shouldn't be
required for simply building and testing tools. We build and test GCC
with mauve on machines that may not have autoconf/etc installed. There
is no work-around for this.
It seems like your main concern is that mauve will grow a dependency on
a specific version of these tools. Was this a big issue in the past?
Why don't we simply fix issues as they are reported?
I would like to add these files back.