This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: Need a regression test framework
- From: Stephen Crawley <crawley at dstc dot edu dot au>
- To: "KUNDU,ANIRBAN (HP-India,ex2)" <anirban_kundu at hp dot com>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com, crawley at piglet dot dstc dot edu dot au
- Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:28:27 +1000
- Subject: Re: Need a regression test framework
> I'm currently scouting for frameworks that will help automate regression
> testcases. Looked a DejaGnu and use of Expect. Loved Expect (and Don Libes
> excellent FAQ) except found DejaGnu rather complicated and suitable for
> C,C++ audience. Also, most of my team members are no-scripters! They all
> prefer Java.
Mauve is primarily a testsuite (i.e. a collection of testcases) for testing
open source implementations of the Java class libraries. While it does
have a test framework, this aspect is pretty rudimentary, special case
and (unfortunately) hard to use.
I suggest that you look at JUnit instead.
> Want to download and try Mauve, but we are behind corporate firewall and
> cannot access redhat ftp servers. Do you have any HTTP download site?
AFAIK ... no.